Role Permission is used to define the activities and features users can access. Each role has a name and list of actions. The administrator assigns roles to each user when adding a new employee.
Also, an administrator can set a different default page for each role when they login UNItekTIME. For example, users usually need to enter time so the administrator can select My Timesheet as the default page. further, Managers have to view and approve Time Entries, Time Offs, and Expenses of their employees so the administrator can select Manage Approvals as their default page.
- Role permissions allow an administrator to restrict or expand an employee’s access to UNItekTIME system. Consider each role carefully before assigning actions to that role.
- Some system-defined roles are not visible when trying to assign them to employees. Please refer to UNItekTIME FAQ > System Defined Roles page for reference.
Setting up Role Permissions
UNItekTIME provides 7 pre-defined roles which can be customized through role permission. Also, an administrator can create their own custom roles through Admin Options > Roles and can assign their own set of permissions.
- Project Manager
- Time Entry Approver
- Expense Entry Approver
- Team Lead
- External User
Each UNItekTIME functionality can be customize using 4 level of access permissions:
- List / View (give access to view the grid)
- Add (allow this role to add new item)
- Edit (allow this role to edit existing item)
- Delete (allow this role to delete the existing item)